• All passengers on flights from abroad, who carry a negative PCR test for COVID-19 disease, carried out within 72 hours prior to departure, in laboratories certified by national or international authorities, upon disembarkation, may proceed to their destination, upon presentation of the respective report, which can also be submitted in advance, together with the epidemiological survey, at www.madeirasafe.com
• Passengers disembarked at airports in the Autonomous Region of Madeira, who have not performed a PCR test for COVID-19 disease, will do so at the airport, upon arrival, with a maximum period of 1 hour estimated for the completion of the inherent process. After performing the PCR test, passengers will proceed to their destination, where they must wait for the result, in confinement, and will be informed of the result within an estimated period of 12 hours.
• In exceptional cases of refusal to perform the test on arrival, passengers will have to comply with voluntary isolation, for a period of 14 days, at their home or at the hotel where they are staying, and if the accommodation is less than 14 days, the confinement will have the duration of the accommodation period. Or, still, return to the destination of origin or any other destination outside the territory of the Autonomous Region of Madeira, complying, until the time of the flight, isolation at home or in the hotel where they are staying. In these cases, accommodation costs will be charged to the traveller.
Criteria for submission to the SARS CoV2 test in childhood and pre-adolescence:
• Children from 12 years old, subject to prior decision by the Health Authorities;
• Children with suspect criteria for COVID 19 disease;
• Children whose family members or companions are suspected cases;
• Other situations validated by the Health Authorities.